The Must-Have Insurance for Young Drivers in 2020
Young drivers, theres no need to stress any longer about finding the perfect car insurance. Weve compiled the ultimate list of must-have insurance policies for young drivers in 2020 – and you wont be disappointed. Finding the right coverage for your car can be a challenge, but this guide will make it easy. Lets dive right in!
1. Collision Insurance: Crashes happen, no matter how safe of a driver you may be. Collision insurance is there to help cover the costs of repairs to your vehicle should you be in an accident. It also may provide assistance for medical costs, should any injuries occur.
2. Comprehensive Insurance: It is always worth looking into comprehensive insurance, which helps you in the event of non-collision damage. This can include things like damages from natural disasters, theft, or vandalism. As a young driver, it might be important in case of any unexpected costs.
3. Medical Payments Insurance: As a young driver, medical payments insurance is a must-have. In case you or your passengers are injured in an auto-related incident, this type of coverage pays for medical bills. It can sometimes also pay for replacement services, like a babysitter, if you are unable to work due to being in an accident.
4. Uninsured Motorist Insurance: Accidents are unavoidable, but having uninsured motorist insurance is a smart way to safeguard yourself. In the event that you are hit by a driver who doesn’t carry insurance, this insurance can help pay for medical and repair costs.
5. Roadside Assistance: It never hurts to have roadside assistance coverage, especially as a young driver. In fact, you may already be covered by the roadside assistance program that comes with membership in certain clubs and organizations.
6. GAP Insurance: Gap insurance is important for car owners who may have a loan on their vehicle. In the event of a total loss, gap insurance can help pay off the loan if the value of the car has gone down since the time you purchased it. This can be helpful should you have to replace your vehicle suddenly.
7. Personal Injury Protection: As a young driver, you may be less experienced than the average driver on the road, so it’s important to consider personal injury protection. This coverage helps pay for medical-related costs should you get injured while driving.
More Advice For Young Drivers
1. Be Well-Informed: Investigating the area you will be driving in and understanding the traffic laws of the city you will be driving in is important. Being knowledgeable about the roads you will drive and the laws that govern them is a must for young drivers, as it can help ensure safer driving overall.
2. Take Advantage of Discounts: There are a number of different discounts out there for young drivers that can help lower the cost of their insurance premiums. These include things like taking a drivers education class or being a good student.
3. Drive Defensively: As a young driver, it can be easy to get complacent and think that accidents are unlikely. It is important to remember that accidents can and do happen, and that defensive driving can help reduce the risk of being involved in one.
4. Get Ready to Ride: Riding a bicycle or taking public transportation can also save money on car insurance premiums. While these may not be the most convenient modes of transportation, they can be a great way to help young drivers save money on car insurance.
5. Practice What You Learn: Taking a defensive driving course, whether through a school or an online program, can be a great way to learn the basics of safe driving. Once the course is complete, its important to put the knowledge to practice, such as keeping within the posted speed limit and driving defensively when possible.
6. Be Mindful of Distractions: Smartphones and other devices can be incredibly distracting, so it is important to keep them out of reach when you are driving. Paying attention to the road and keeping your eyes on it are the best ways to avoid an accident.
7. Select a Car with Safety Features: As a young driver, safety should be a priority when selecting a car. Cars with features like anti-lock brakes and airbags are a great choice, as these can help protect you in the event of an accident. Additionally, vehicles with good crash test ratings tend to be less costly to insure.
8. Review Your Policy: It is important to periodically revisit your policy to make sure the coverage is still right for you. As young drivers gain more experience driving and their lifestyles change, their insurance needs may change.
9. Have Patience: Young drivers are naturally excited to get behind the wheel, but having patience can be key when it comes to driving safely. Taking the time to learn the rules of the road and getting comfortable with driving can be an important step in being a confident and safe driver.
10. Research Possible Insurance Companies: It can be beneficial to research different insurance companies, as different companies may offer different services or may be better suited to a young driver’s particular needs. Comparing quotes between different companies can be a great way to find a good policy at a good price.